CIS 375 Assignment 2 Instructions
Assignment 2: Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games (MMORPGs)
In a virtual world (VW) of massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs), collaboration and communication are provided through the Internet between MMORPG-ready devices such as the Microsoft Xbox, and Sony PlayStation, and by using the Web browser. Gamers around the world can play against other gamers without seeing their opponent face-to-face. The Internet and MMORPG devices have become a social phenomenon. For example, a mobile game, called “Game of War” enables players to play against each other anywhere around the world. Other diversions include Second Life which isn’t really a game at all, but rather just that, another life people can live online through their online persona.
Before you begin this assignment, engage in an online game or experience such as Game of War, Second Life, or Words with Friends, which has a phone app you can download free or play from your computer on the internet or even as a Facebook app. Any game where you are playing against a live person over the web. If you have difficulty finding an online multiplayer game, reach out to your instructor for guidance.
Write a paper with screen shots from your experience in which you complete the items below. Be sure to include what your choice was in the introduction paragraph.
1. Describe cognitive social phenomena that occur specifically to the context of the MMORPG that wouldn’t happen in a face-to-face checkers game.
2. Compare and contrast the MMORPG user interaction environment to the face-to-face environment where a board game like Scrabble is being played. Next, identify whether or not the environment has an impact on the player’s ability to play Words With Friends in an online environment.
3. Outline and describe the user interface requirements that a game designer needs to include in order to engage players in a MMORPG environment.
4. Use at least (3) quality resources in this assignment. NOTE:Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources
5. Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
a. This course requires use of new . The format is different from other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
b. Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
c. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
d. Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow SWS format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
NOTE: Although there is not a specific page length, you should fully explore and answer the questions asked. Typically you’ll have two or three paragraphs with your main point supported by a few sentences of fact for each. The goal is to convince the reader that you have done your assigned reading and the additional research being asked. 100% original work is required.
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free Content Guarantee
- All A+ Essays Guarantee Timely Delivery of All Papers
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- All A+ Essays Allow Direct Contact With Your Writer
- Using allaplusessays.com Means Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- 24/7 Customer Support
GET QUALITY ESSAY HELP AT: https://allaplusessays.com/order
ORDER A PAPER WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND TO YOUR EXACT INSTRUCTIONS (allaplusessays.com – For 100% Original Content)
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.