NURS 6501 Discussion 7
In clinical settings, advanced practice nurses often encounter patients with blood disorders such as anemia. Consider the case of a 17-year-old girl who is rushed to the emergency room after suddenly fainting. The girl’s mother reports that her daughter has had difficulty concentrating for the past week, frequently becomes dizzy, and has not been eating normally due to digestion problems. The mother also informs the nurse that their family has a history of anemia. With the family history of anemia, it appears that this is the likely diagnosis. However, in order to properly diagnose and treat the patient, not only must her symptoms and family history be considered, but also factors such as gender, ethnicity, age, and behavior. This poses the question: How do patient factors impact the incidence and prevalence of different types of anemia?
· Review Chapter 21 in the Huether and McCance text. Reflect on the pathophysiological mechanisms of iron deficiency anemia.
· Select one of the following types of anemia: pernicious anemia, folate deficiency anemia, sideroblastic anemia, chronic inflammation anemia, or post-hemorrhagic anemia. mechanisms of the anemia you selected.
· Consider the similarities and differences between iron deficiency anemia and the type of anemia you selected.
· Reflect on how patient factors such as genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, and behavior might impact these anemic disorders.
Postan explanation of the pathophysiological mechanisms of iron deficiency anemia and the anemia you selected. Compare these two types of anemia, as well as their potential causes. Finally, explain how genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, and the anemic disorders you selected.
Translating Evidence Into Clinical Practice
Translating Evidence into Clinical Practice Choose one evidence-based practice that you see yourself using as a provider in your clinical practice and discuss how it meets the listed benefits. Why should we, as healthcare providers, use evidence-based practice? Evidence-based practice benefits: •Leads to highest quality care and patient outcomes •Reduces health care costs •Reduces geographic variations in the delivery of care •Increases healthcare provider empowerment and role satisfaction •Reduces healthcare provider turnover rate •Increases reimbursement from 3rd party payers •Reduces complications and payment denials •Meets the expectation of an informed public Include 3 evidence-based articles to support your work that are less than 3 years old. Before finalizing your work, you should: •be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above); •consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Home) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and •utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors. Your writing Assignment should: •follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.); •be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful; •display superior content, organization, style; and •use APA 6th Edition format as outlined in the APA Progression Ladder.
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free Content Guarantee
- All A+ Essays Guarantee Timely Delivery of All Papers
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- All A+ Essays Allow Direct Contact With Your Writer
- Using allaplusessays.com Means Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- 24/7 Customer Support
GET QUALITY ESSAY HELP AT: https://allaplusessays.com/order
ORDER A PAPER WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND TO YOUR EXACT INSTRUCTIONS (allaplusessays.com – For 100% Original Content)
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.