Health Care Museum Essay
As you learn about health care delivery in the United States, it is important to understand its history to develop a working knowledge as you progress through the course.
You are the curator of the first Health Care Hall of Fame Museum that pays tribute to the five most significant developments in the evolution of health care in the United States.
Prepare a proposal of the five main developments you would include. Be specific and draw from your readings or other research to demonstrate your understanding of newfound concepts, theories, and vocabulary. Include evidence-based information and your personal analysis describing why these exhibits should be included and how they shaped the current health care system in the United States. Descriptions and analysis must use complete sentences. Format your proposal consistent with APA guidelines.
Part 1: Health Care Hall of Fame Museum Proposal
DevelopmentDescriptionAnalysis (How does the development affect
the current U.S. health care system?) EXAMPLE
Even though the connection between filth and disease was made in the 1850s, the wider medical community still did not understand the cause of infectious diseases until much later. Germ theory was hypothesized in the 19th century in Europe; however, it was not until the 1920s that bacteria and their link with infectious diseases became mainstream knowledge in America and practical applications became integrated into health care. This knowledge led to new sanitation and hygiene measures, hand washing, sterilization in preparing surgical instruments, and ensuring clean water (Lemelson-MIT, 2003).Once the link between germs and disease had been scientifically established, hospitals in America became a place for people to come to recover. Before the 1920s, hospitals were little more than almshouses for the poor who were sick; they provided a place of rest, food, and shelter, but according to Austin and Wetle (2012), “those who could afford home care stayed away from hospitals” (p. 93).
By the 1920s, the understanding of germs and, subsequently, sanitation and sterilization of instruments changed the outcome dramatically for hospital patients. Hospitals became places where the best and most advanced care could be offered, changing the entire dynamic of health care delivery. 1. Cultural BeliefsMost cultures have a health care belief system. One study showed that a group of Cambodian adults with minimal formal education made considerable efforts to comply with therapy but did so in a manner consistent with their underlying understanding of how medicines and the body work. McLaughlin, L., & Braun, K. (1998). 2. EconomicsHealth economics is a branch of economics concerned with issues related to efficiency, effectiveness, value and behavior in the production and consumption of health and health care. While 83 percent of American adults utilize health insurance,1 few stop to consider that their $30 prescription drug or office visit copayments are only a small fraction of the total charges. Many people assume it’s covered.
3. Cost of Health CareTotal health care spending in the United States is expected to reach $4.8 trillion in 2021, up from $2.6 trillion in 2010 and $75 billion in 1970.Health care in the United States is one of the most expensive in the world. Spending on health care has increased quicker than any other sector of the economy. Weiss and Lonnquist (2000) 4. TechnologyHealthcare in the United States has the most cutting- edge technology for diagnostics and treatments. The United States’ academic facilities, hospitals, laboratories all have advanced technology.The United States leads the world in the production of medical technologies and is the industry’s largest consumer. The U.S. market value exceeded $110 billion in 2012, representing about 38 percent of the total medical technologies industry. U.S. exports of medical technologies in key product categories identified by the Department of Commerce (DOC) were valued at approximately $44.2 billion in 2012, a 7.2 percent increase from the previous year. (2010) 5. Health InsuranceHealth insurance plans are designed to help cover medical expenses. These plans can be either privately purchased, open or government funded.The increased cost of health insurance is a central fact in any discussion of health policy and health delivery. As annual premiums edged beyond $16,000 for an average family, costs are blamed for rising uninsured. (2014)
Part 2: How does everything connect? Write up a comprehensive overview of how these events evolved into each other. Health care in the United States includes a vast array of complex interrelationships among those who receive, provide, and finance care. In this article, publicly available data were used to identify trends in health care, principally from 1980 to 2011, in the source and use of funds (“economic anatomy”), the people receiving and organizations providing care, and the resulting value created and health outcomes.
Austin, A., & Wetle, V. (2012). The United States health care system: Combining business, health, and delivery. (2nd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education Lemelson-MIT. (2003, April). Louis Pasteur. Retrieved from https://allaplusessays.com/order (2010). Retrieved from https://allaplusessays.com/order (2014). HEALTH INSURANCE: PREMIUMS AND INCREASES Retrieved from https://allaplusessays.com/order premiums.aspx
Mc Laughlin, L., & Braun, K. (1998). “Asian and Pacific Islander cultural values: Considerations for health care decision-making.” Health and Social Work, 23 (2), 116-126. Retrieved from https://allaplusessays.com/order
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free Content Guarantee
- All A+ Essays Guarantee Timely Delivery of All Papers
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- All A+ Essays Allow Direct Contact With Your Writer
- Using allaplusessays.com Means Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- 24/7 Customer Support
GET QUALITY ESSAY HELP AT: https://allaplusessays.com/order
ORDER A PAPER WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND TO YOUR EXACT INSTRUCTIONS (allaplusessays.com – For 100% Original Content)
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.