- Explain the role of each of the following in determining the speed of a computer.
RAM (random access memory aka primary memory)
Data on hard disk
Data on CD ROM
Data on floppy disk
Random access memory (RAM) is the best known form of computer memory. RAM is considered “random access” because you can access any memory cell directly if you know the row and column that intersect at that cell. Basically, RAM gives your computer very fast storage space for data, CPU instructions, and pretty much everything else your computer processes.
The more RAM you have, the less your CPU and operating system will have to use the hard drive and the more programs you can run simultaneously.
The clock speed of a CPU is defined as the frequency that a processor executes instructions or that data is processed. This clock speed is measured in millions of cycles per second or megahertz (MHz). Although clock speed isn’t the only determining factor for performance and speed, it means an awful lot. The faster the clock …
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free Content Guarantee
- All A+ Essays Guarantee Timely Delivery of All Papers
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- All A+ Essays Allow Direct Contact With Your Writer
- Using allaplusessays.com Means Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- 24/7 Customer Support
GET QUALITY ESSAY HELP AT: https://allaplusessays.com/order
ORDER A PAPER WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND TO YOUR EXACT INSTRUCTIONS (allaplusessays.com – For 100% Original Content)
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.