Within the field of healthcare, there are three main viewpoints related to the use of financial information. They are the:
1. financial view
2. process view
3. clinical view
1) After reading the materials for the week, discuss the main areas of overlap within the three viewpoints.
2) Does this overlap create potential areas of conflict?
3) If so, as a manager, how would we proactively address these areas before they negatively impacted our department or organization?
1 – 2 pages
Citation of at least 4 recent studies (within 5 years)
Be sure to cite your references accordingly.
Reading the materials for the week From text book
Gapenski, L. C., & Pink, G. H. (2015). Understanding healthcare financial management (7th ed.). Chicago: Association of University Programs in Health Administration and Health Administration Press. ISBN 9781567937060.:
· The financial view is held by those who normally handle finance on a daily basis, such as auditors, accountants, and financial analysts.
· Their strength lies in their ability to interpret data and spot problems before they become too critical.
· One of the key weaknesses is that these individuals are often very good with the minute details but often have a difficult time with the big picture.
· The process view is normally held by those individuals who are responsible for the financial systems and typically comprise the information technology departments.
· Their strength is the ability to take raw data and turn it into meaningful reports.
· Their weakness lies in not having all information at once. Since there are normally multiple individuals working in this department, each individual may have various pieces of the financial puzzle, but few have the ability to see it all.
· The clinical view is normally held by those who are responsible for the day to day interactions of the patients and are usually the licensed healthcare professionals.
· Their strength lies in their desire to ensure the best possible outcome for the patient and they generally serve as the patients’ advocate.
· Their weakness may actually be the same as their strength. Many clinical individuals want to provide the best for their patients, regardless of cost. Therefore, they may have a difficult time balancing the needs of the patients with the needs of the organization.
There are strengths and weaknesses to each viewpoint. Perhaps the ideal viewpoint would be where these three perspectives overlap. However, it is certainly not an easy task. Being able to see through each one of these lenses requires that the individual manager be in constant communication with other departments. While it may not be possible to fully integrate all three perspectives, being aware of them better prepares the manager to meet both patient and organizational objectives.
Do you need a similar assignment
done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you.
We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism.
Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original
paper exclusively for you.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.