Discuss European perceptions and treatment of Native Americans during the 16th and 17th centuries by addressing the following questions:
1. What negative impressions / assumptions did European
explorers have about the indigenous people (Native Americans) they
– Regarding their physical appearances, clothing
– Their customs, beliefs, religious practices, rituals, language, nomenclature (naming), etc.
2. What facts (*specific examples) were later found to be historically more accurate about Indian societies in relation to:
– Family structure, especially the role of women?
– Tribal structure / government? – Agriculture and trade?
– Alliances (with Europeans as well as with other tribes)?
3. What were the biological and social consequences of contact (i.e. The Columbian Exchange) between Europeans and Native Americans?
– Animals / Insects
– Plants / Crops
– Weapons / Culture
(Must have 4 credible college sources)
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post European perceptions and treatment of Native Americans during the 16th and 17th centuries first appeared on nursing writers.
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.