Critical Assessment of Clinical Practice
ASSIGNMENT: Critical assessment of clinical practice.
Students will write an 8-10 page APA style paper using material from course readings, lectures, and appropriate outside materials to critically assess their clinical practice with individuals, groups, or families. Students will write critically assess their own clinical practice with a client with attention to the following issues:
1. What are my agencys mission, function and organizational goals? What models or theoretical frameworks are espoused by my agency?
2. Identify a specific client system (individual, group or family) and describe the model/theoretical framework that was used to guide practice.
3. Based on what criteria was this model selected for use with this client system (discuss “fit” between characteristics of client system and model components/ tenets).
4. Describe any prevention interventions that have been helpful in enhancing the clients capacity
5. Describe current stage of clinical work with this client (e.g., beginning work, have had 3 sessions or middle phase of work, have had multiple sessions) and discuss the primary aims of intervention at this phase within the context of the model/framework being used.
6. Evaluate a practice recording with this client to assess the extent to which the skills being used in the session can be specifically linked back to this model a. Label specific skills b. Evaluate client responses c. Evaluate student responses in terms of (level of empathy, fit with given model, appropriateness to situation, what student could/should have done differently)
7. Assess and reflect upon practice with this client system and determine current practice needs moving forward: a. To what extent does actual practice correspond to the tenets of the ascribed model?
b. Describe considerations for ending with this client or
transitioning client to another worker/service
c. Are there any changes that need to be made in order to better meet the specific needs of the client system and improve practice?
i. Is this model of intervention still determined to be appropriate? If not, what model might be a better fit?
ii. What training needs (formal or informal) would facilitate practice? iii. Does the current model/approach need to be adapted to better meet the cultural needs of client system? If so, how?
iv. Does student need to utilize supervision more/differently in order to improve practice? If so, how?
v. Other changes necessary at this stage of practice?
The above assignment is used as a measure of student competency, using the following assignment rubric: EPAS Practice Behavior Advanced Competence (4) Competence (3) Developing Competence (2) No Competence (1) 2.1.3: Apply critical thinking to inform and communicate professional judgments Analyze models of assessment, prevention, intervention and evaluation Student comprehensively identifies and analyzes models of assessment, prevention, intervention and evaluation Student identifies and analyzes models of assessment, prevention, intervention and evaluation Student minimally identifies and analyzes models of assessment, prevention, intervention and evaluation Student fails to identify and analyzes models of assessment, prevention, intervention and evaluation 2.1.10 (b): Assessment Collect, organize and interpret client data Student comprehensively collects and organizes data relevant to the client system Student collects and organizes data relevant to the client system Student minimally collects and organizes data relevant to the client system Student fails to collect and organizes data relevant to the client system 2.1.10 (c): Intervention Implement prevention interventions that enhance client capacities Student comprehensively implements prevention interventions that enhance client capacities Student implements prevention interventions that enhance client capacities Student minimally implements prevention interventions that enhance client capacities Student fails to implement prevention interventions that enhance client capacities Facilitate transitions and endings Student comprehensively facilitates transitions and endings with clients Student facilitates transitions and endings with clients Student minimally facilitates transitions and endings with clients Student fails to facilitate transitions and endings with clients
use the Agency Family Resource. In St Petersburg, Florida.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.