Professional Development Plan Guidance
Professional Development Plan
Purpose of the Professional Development Plan
Students conceptualize a personalized blueprint for approaching their Walden studies and present it in a written Professional Development Plan (PDP). Writing
the essay allows students the opportunity to
• reflect on their personal history, professional accomplishments, and future
• initiate a discussion with instructor about graduate study in general and the
Walden program in particular; and
• articulate academic interests and set goals for their Walden educational
Content and Structure of the Professional Development Plan Although a general outline is provided for the content and structure of the PDP
(see Week 1 Application Rubric), students are encouraged to write an essay that
reflects their individual experience, achievements, and goals. Students write the essay in the first person and include their thoughts on how the plan relates to their chosen field of study.
In this section, students write a brief personal introduction, state their personal and professional goals, and articulate how these goals intersect with their
academic interests and selected field of study. Students reflect upon the mission and vision of the university. Students discuss how specialized learning and the
attainment of a graduate degree will help them meet career and personal life goals.
Educational Background and Research Proficiency
When developing this section, students reflect on the formal and informal
learning experiences that compose their educational background and discuss how these the direction of study established in Part I.
Walden encourages students to include individual knowledge, skills, and accomplishments. Students explain the academic and research proficiencies
they bring to the program and identify areas to improve while a Walden student. Students are expected to evaluate honestly their readiness to pursue graduate education.
Categories for students to consider when writing this section include the
following (note that not everyone will have all of these experiences, and that is
okay; the purpose of this exercise is to focus your reflection on what experiences you do bring to your graduate education and how your education will facilitate your development as a nursing professional):
• Academic coursework in nursing and related sciences. • Academic coursework in other fields. • Professional presentations, seminars, and workshops.
• Volunteer activities.
• Prior experience designing and executing research (if any). • Publications and other writing experiences. • Teaching assignments.
• Professional training. • Academic strengths and weaknesses.
• Research strengths and weaknesses.
• Availability of library, reference, and information technology resources. Professional Goals, Learning Goals, Practicum
In these three sections relate your professional and educational background to
your future goals as you complete your graduate degree.
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free Content Guarantee
- All A+ Essays Guarantee Timely Delivery of All Papers
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- All A+ Essays Allow Direct Contact With Your Writer
- Using allaplusessays.com Means Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- 24/7 Customer Support
GET QUALITY ESSAY HELP AT: https://allaplusessays.com/order
ORDER A PAPER WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND TO YOUR EXACT INSTRUCTIONS (allaplusessays.com – For 100% Original Content)
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.