PRyC WP: Add custom content to bottom of post/page: Standard Content START
Assignment 1: Discussion—Electromagnetic Spectrum
The discovery of the electromagnetic spectrum in the late nineteenth century opened a doorway to a hidden part of the natural universe of which humankind had largely been unaware. Humans learned to exploit electromagnetic waves for the purposes of communications and other uses. The speed at which the power of the electromagnetic spectrum was harnessed for technology during the twentieth century was staggering, and it has yet to subside.
Today, the technology that we use constantly would not be possible if it were not for the knowledge of the electromagnetic spectrum.
Using the readings for this module, the Argosy University Online Library, and the Internet, respond to the following:
- In order from the longest to the shortest wavelength, list component wavelengths of the electromagnetic spectrum. For each type of radiation, be sure to provide its name, wavelength range, and frequency range.
- Describe a practical application or technology that utilizes each specific part of the electromagnetic spectrum.
- In your opinion, state whether the world would have the technology it has today without the knowledge of the electromagnetic spectrum. Give reasons for your answer. In addition, describe what the world might be like without this knowledge.
Support your statements with appropriate examples and scholarly references.
Write your initial response in a minimum of 200 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
- Do you agree or disagree with the assessment of how our knowledge of electromagnetic radiation has aided the development of our technology? Give reasons to support your statements.
- What future technologies could be developed by harnessing the attributes of the electromagnetic spectrum?
Grading Criteria and Rubric
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.