There are two different assignments below can you have them on two different documents please and thanks
Conceptions of the Cold War
As your Reading and Discussions point out, one of the biggest issues that citizens and politicians confronted during the 1960s was the Cold War, which might be defined as the geopolitical tensions, and proxy wars fought between the United States and the Soviet Union. Indeed, for anyone who grew up during the 1950s, 1960s, or 1970s, the Cold War was a household topic everyone seemed to understand.
The purpose of this Assignment is to analyze how people understand the Cold War today. For example, what do everyday people today think of when they hear the term “Cold War”?
In this Assignment, you will use a research method of a social scientist as you collect brief interviews with three people, asking them about their conceptions of the Cold War. Your interviewees can be anyone of your choosing: family members, friends, and so on.
Below are some suggested questions that you may want to ask:
1. What words or phrases come to mind when you think of the term Cold War?
2. Did you ever study the Cold War in school? If so, what are some aspects of the Cold War that you remember?
3. Who were the parties involved in the Cold War?
4. Can you name any key events that you mainly associate with the Cold War?
Take notes on what each of your respondents say. You will need these notes to refer to later when you do the formal write-up of the Assignment.
After you have completed the Assignment, write up your findings in a brief essay, which addresses the following:
1. In the first part of your essay, briefly describe the Cold War in your own words. Remember that citations are needed when you paraphrase information from sources.
2. Using quotes from your interviews, describe how each of your three respondents understand the Cold War. This is not the same as listing your interview questions and responses. You must group the answers together in a meaningful way and summarize what each person knows about the Cold War, using quotes from the interview to illustrate your findings.
3. If your respondents’ understanding of the Cold War is different from the way the Cold War is defined in the first section of your essay, explain why that might be the case. (Also, if their definition of the Cold War is very similar, explain this as well.)
4. You must include a copy of your interview notes. You may attach the notes to your assignment as an appendix or submit in a separate file.
Your essay should be 2–3 pages in length (500–700 words)
· Double spaced
· #12 font –Times New Roman
· 1” margins on all sides
· Separate cover page and reference page
· A minimum of one (1) outside (including texts from the course, if you like) scholarly source
· Remember: Wikipedia, encyclopedias, and encyclopedia-type sources (answers.com, infoplease.com and such) are not considered academic sources.
Part 1: Create a timeline in Microsoft Word that covers at least four major events that defined the 1960s.
Part 2: Write a brief, 300–500 word commentary that explains how each of these four events that you have mentioned in your timeline is interrelated. In this commentary, you may write about how one event led into the next, and so on, or you may write about how one very significant event led to the other three. The way that you describe the interrelatedness of these events is up to you, but you must demonstrate that you understand how the events are interconnected. The commentary must be formatted using APA style.
Submitting your Timeline
Save your timeline in a location and with a name that you will remember.
- Confidentiality & Authenticity Guaranteed
- Plagiarism Free Content Guarantee
- All A+ Essays Guarantee Timely Delivery of All Papers
- Quality & Reliability
- Papers Written from Scratch and to Your Instructions
- Qualified Writers Only
- All A+ Essays Allow Direct Contact With Your Writer
- Using allaplusessays.com Means Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- 24/7 Customer Support
GET QUALITY ESSAY HELP AT: https://allaplusessays.com/order
ORDER A PAPER WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND TO YOUR EXACT INSTRUCTIONS (allaplusessays.com – For 100% Original Content)
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.