* 4-5 pages + works cited page
* please use just the source I provide to include ins text citations (paraphrasing/quotes) to make your argument
* include counter argument
* will provide applicable secondary source as well, please only use sources I provide
* remember, the argument made is identifying and resolving an issue of interpretation of the primary source
* level three question is a thesis you come up with to argue the paper
- preferably working around the idea of ascetic monastic networking
primary source: theodret
third file is the paper guidelines
thesis formula examples :
1.What role does concept/analytical unit X play in Author Y’s
portrayal of Z?
2.What does source X reveal/show/indicate about
issue/dynamic/culture Y during...?
3.What role does concept/analytical unit X play in source Y?
4.How is X represented/what role does X play in sources Y and Z?
Some ideas to take into consideration:
This text describes a "holy man," whose religious commitments
endow him with special abilities. What does the text reveal about the society and culture that considered this man holy and told
these stories about him? About the relationships between individual, family, and community? About political power and religion? Consider these general questions to help you identify an issue of interpretation . What contradictions, curiosities, confusing points, connections do you see? Why does it matter? What are some possible interpretations that are in conflict?
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.