Research Paper Guidelines
- Papers must be 8–12 pages in length,12-point font, and use APA format. Include a cover page, table of contents, introduction, body of the report, summary or conclusion, and a reference page for the works cited. The paper should be double-spaced. Note that the length is for the content only; the cover page, table of contents, and reference page are in addition to those pages.
- Even though this is not a scientific-type writing assignment, and is mostly creative in nature, references are still very important. At least six authoritative, outside references are required. Anonymous authors or web pages are not acceptable as references. These should be listed on the last page titled References.
- Appropriate in paper citations are required.
- Table of contents:List the main ideas and sections of the paper and the pages where they are located. Illustrations should be included separately.
Introduction:Use a header on your paper. This will
indicate you are introducing your paper. The purposes of an
introduction or opening include:
- to introduce the subject and highlight why the subject is important;
- to review the main ideas and the order in which they will be covered; and
- to establish a tone of the document.
- Body of the report:Use a header with the name of the project. An example is, "The Development of Hotel X: A World Class Resort." Proceed to break out the main ideas. State the main ideas, the major points of each idea, and provide evidence. Show some type of division, such as separate, labeled sections, separate groups of paragraphs, or headers. Include the information you found during your research and investigation.
- Summary and conclusion:Summarizing is similar to paraphrasing, but it presents the gist of the material in fewer words than the original. An effective summary identifies the main ideas and the major support points from the body of the report; minor details are left out. Summarize the benefits of the ideas and how they effect the subject.
Below is the proposal that shows what the paper should be based on... medical marijuana on a federal and state level, specifically in Illinois.
Medical marijuana: the interplay of federal and state laws in Illinois specifically.Although usage of medical marijuana is legal in more than 33 states, it is prohibited federally, especially in any federally funded programs.Marijuana has always been thought of as a big business, however, many people have been arrested for potentially selling it.Because it could gross millions of dollars, I believe that it will become something similar to alcohol being completely legalized.This shows how the federal government will not interfere with the state as long as the state marijuana strictly complies with state regulations.
Additionally, there is federal conflict because there is fear that money laundering could drastically rise due to the thought process of drug money being cleaned by a regular business.The banks are afraid to do business with marijuana companies because money could potentially be laundered through the business.The premise of this paper is simply to outline the intergovernmental management issues.Inside, you’ll read how legalizing marijuana on the state level but not the federal level is a part of dual federalism.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.